Belton is a small village in Lincolnshire, about four kilometres to the north of the town of Grantham.
The village itself has a couple of dozen attractive stone houses and cottages, including traditional almshouses, mostly dating from the early 19th century. The houses were built for the staff employed at Belton House
The Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul is also found in Belton. The origins of the church date back to the 11th century, but it has been modified several times over the centuries from the Norman period to the Victorian era, and is now something of a mix of styles. Inside the church there are many carved stone memorials, tombs and statues, predominantly dating from the 18th century.
The 'main attraction' at Belton is the late 17th century stately home at Belton House (built 1685-1688), now owned and managed by the National Trust. Built in the Restoration style (also referred to as the Carolean Style), Belton House is a nicely proportioned 'house', grand without being excessively so, and with several large and luxuriously furnished rooms and apartments to enjoy inside.
The parkland that surrounds Belton House is extensive, with formal lawns and gardens such as the Italian Garden close to the house and more natural woodlands and deer park area beyond these gardens, with various follies, a lake and an adventure playground also to be discovered in the grounds.